Ten Wales Facts
- Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales is the
longest place name in Europe and the longest valid, single-word internet domain name in the world!
- Swallow Falls located at Betws-y-coed is the most popular and most visited waterfall in Britain.
- The first lager brewery ever in Britain was established in Wrexham by Germans.
- Cardiff’s Coal Exchange (completed in 1886) determined the price of the worlds coal. The first global one million pound deal was sealed there in 1907.
- The first radio message ever sent in the world was transmitted by Guglielmo Marconi on May 11 1897. His transmission travelled from Larvernock Point, south of Penarth a total distance of three miles to a mast in the Bristolchannel.
- Wales as a country is described more castles per square mile than any other country in the world.
- Wales is the only part of the UK which is not represented as part of the Union Jack flag.
- The Millenium Stadium at Cardiff was built with the largest retractable roof of any sports stadium in the world.
- 21% of the Welsh population can speak the native language although this number is thought to be increasing.
- The population of humans in Wales is four times less than their population of sheep!
Wishing all fans both Welsh and English a great game this afternoon and come on England!
Last but not least, give us a call at Kings & Co for all your property management needs.